At METTAMADE we believe in reciprocity and hold strong importance on supporting organizations/charities that work towards a better good. Specifically, we are very involved with the organization Body Brave, as we have a deep and personal connection to the organization. Body Brave is a registered charitable organization with 100% of all proceeds used for those struggling with eating disorders. Currently, we support Body Brave through the sales of our self-compassion ring, donating a portion of proceeds.
Although we have strong involvement with Body Brave, we try our best to assist other organizations and donate to a variety of platforms. These include:
- Black Mental Health Matters: an organization that provides resources to therapists, hotlines, and more for black African Americans struggling with mental health.
- Interval House Hamilton: provides emergency shelter, safety planning and support services for women with or without children that have experienced abuse or violence.
- The Loveland Foundation: works to bring healing and opportunity to communities of colour, especially Black women and girls through fellowships, residency programs and more.
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society: provides essential services to Residential School Survivors, their families, and those dealing with Intergenerational traumas.
- Legacy of Hope Foundation: national Indigenous charitable organization with the mandate to educate and create awareness and understanding about the Residential School System, including the intergenerational impacts
- Empowerment squared: empowers newcomers, radicalized, and marginalized communities in Canada and across the world to succeed through mentorship, access to post-secondary education, professional skills development and entrepreneurship, and sports and recreation.